Polka Dot is a huge trend in 2018. We saw it in different color combinations and sizes. We saw it on dresses, tops and bottoms, shoes and accessories.
I will be completely honest and admit the fact, that it is one of my favorite trends so far along with kitten heels.
My associations with polka dot print is the following:
- It’s romantic. I love the romantic flavor and femininity that it brings with it.
- It’s retro. it looks undeniably cute and classy.
- The polka dot print can be a statement piece and brighten up any outfit.
- It is not seasonal. It looks great during the summer but can be worn all year round.
- The polka dot print is easy to match with other pieces.
I think the only thing i would like to add is if you combine clothes with different polka dot prints in one look, you should make sure that the size of the polka dot print is about the same e.g. if it’s a small print combine it with a small print and reverse.